Why am I here?
This is at surface level very simple. Of course I know why I am here. However sometimes I lose sight of this. So why do I come to Kung Fu classes, why do I continue training?
I am here because I like the person I am with Kung Fu.
Kung Fu has taught me the skills to succeed in all aspects of my life. It has taught me compassion. I think before I speak or act. Kung Fu has taught me that I can achieve anything if I persevere. It has taught me to work hard, and to give my all. Kung Fu has taught me to believe in myself. It has taught me that I am worth it.
Kung Fu is very grounding for me. If I'm stressed about something, I can go to Kung Fu and leave my worries behind me. I have a place where I feel safe. It is really reassuring. Kung Fu has given me so many positive role models. One of the reasons I am here is because of all the important connections I have. The Kwoon is like a second home to me. I really value it.
The I-Ho-Chuan team in particular is a very important group of people to me. It is such a positive environment to be in. It's so encouraging to be surrounded by people in the same journey as me. I really like how we're all working together to become better people.
I also really value being able to teach. I really enjoy it. I think it makes me a better person. I am more compassionate because of it. I like that I am able to teach people, and help change their lives.
I am here because I want to be the best version of myself. Kung Fu helps me to do this.
Push-ups: 1065
Sit-ups: 600
Hand Form: 105
Weapon Form: 130
Sparring: 63
Kilometers: 77
AOKs: 90
Excellent post.
ReplyDeleteWonderful! It has been fun so far with you on the year of the dragon! Both in the regular class and in I Ho Chuan! \(≧▽≦)/
ReplyDelete