Every night before I go to sleep, I look back throughout my day. I do this to find the acts of kindness I have done, and see where I can be kinder. There were a couple times where I'd go through my day in my head and think, wow, I wasn't very kind today. On these occasions, I wasn't mean. I just didn't go out of my way to be kind to anyone.
Because of this I began to start my day with the idea of being kind in the front of my brain. I'll search for any opportunities I have to do acts of kindness. I feel like this might not be the right way to go about this requirement. It feels strange to count something as an act of kindness if I intended to do it from the beginning of the day. Obviously, I'm not being kind just to record it. I quite enjoy helping others, and making people smile. But sometimes it feels like I'm not doing the requirement the way it was intended to be done.
When I started to pay more attention to my acts of kindness, I began to notice how kind the people around me are. The people surrounding me are (for the most part) incredible kind. This makes me really happy. I like how kind people are.
A few times when others would be kind, I'd find myself jealous. I wanted to be kind!! But I quickly realized how ridiculous that was. Being kind is definitely not a competition. Everyone can be kind!! And someone else's kindness doesn't take away from my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment