One of my personal requirements this year is to write 1000 gratitude entries and 1000 positives entries. I usually write these just before I go to sleep, so I can reflect on my day.
Last night I was lying in bed with the lights off, almost asleep, when I realized that I had forgotten to write them! But I was so so tired and my bed was so so cozy. That little voice in my head was saying, 'It okay, go to sleep, you can just do a couple extra tomorrow'.
Yet I turned on my light and wrote my gratitude and positives. Even though this may seem like such a small thing, it makes me proud of myself. A year or two ago I would have just gone to sleep. But I didn't. It's all the little choices like this one that add up to making me a better person. So I'm happy about that.
That’s awesome! I’m glad you decided to stay up to write them. I’ve started a gratitude journal this year too. I think the thing I like about it most is that along with the gratitude, it has a “ 3 things that would make today great”, and “3 great things that happened today” section.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I have really been enjoying the gratitude as well. I find it really grounding. I do the "3 great things that happened today" as my positive entries, but I've never though of doing "3 things that would make today great". That sounds like a good way to start the day!
DeleteWell done! Way to stay accountable! How you felt after is the key to the kingdom, so don’t forget that pride you felt!
ReplyDeleteNicely done.
ReplyDelete